Eat to Live: Healthy Turkey Burger Recipe

As I started the Basi Beauty 4 week loss challenge on the 10th Feb, I had to think of a healthy but filling recipe for the family dinner. So I made turkey burgers as turkey has more protein than chicken!



Healthy Turkey Burger Recipe
 (5-10 minutes prep and 20 minutes of cooking time)

  • 250g Turkey Mince (from Aldi)
  • Thick slide of seeded bread, grated (any brand will do though)
  • 2 medium garlic cloves, finely chopped,
  • Half an onion, chopped,
  • 2 teaspoons fajita mix,
  • 2 teaspoons cajun spice mix, I used Fiddes Payne Cajun Spice but any will do,
  • Half a teaspoon chilli flakes,
  • Cracked black pepper and salt, to taste
  1. Mix the ingredients above together with a fork. The mixture sticks together but if you need a binding agent add 1 egg OR to be extra healthy mix 2 tablespoons of chickpea powder or corn starch and 3 tablespoons water. (For a little extra protein using the chickpea powder instead of cornstarch)
  2. I used a burger press, the turkey mixture was put into the base of the press and formed a perfectly shaped burger:
 
       3. I then cooked these on a grilled pan. Before putting them on the pan, to ensure they do not       stick, I brushed them with a little bit of butter on both sides
     4. Cook the burgers for 8-10 minutes each side until no pink meat is showing

And that's it. You may have a bun to put it in or if you want to have a low carb option sub the bread for lettuce and wrap it around the burger like the picture below:
Both Pictures: Credit  to The Pioneer Woman

My family and I had broccoli on the side instead of chips to ensure it was nutritious.
  Do you think you will try out this recipe? They are low in fat, high in protein and really tasty! 

If you liked this post please comment below your thoughts. Would love for you to subscribe to my page on Bloglovin/Facebook
Twitter: KimrenB

Thanks for reading,

Kimren xo

Comments

Popular Posts