Battle of the Milks: Almond Vs.Soya

  
Picture from: http://rocking-m.blogspot.co.uk/2009/10/so-many-different-types-of-milk.html
I've been requested to review soya milk and almond milk by a good friend of mine, so I thought I'd help her out. This post is very short and will give you my honest opinion, I am no expert in this area but thought I would share what's helped me.


I realised when I was at university two years ago that every time I had cows milk I would get very red and painful acne on my face the day after. I did some research and apparently read that Cows milk contains a hormone which aggravates acne. This was annoying as I would eat porridge everyday so I needed to find an alternative milk product.

 Picture from: http://www.mercola.com/Downloads/bonus/dangers-of-soy/report.aspx

First I have tried soya milk from shop-branded to premium brands, but unfortunately I am not a fan. Once I wanted hot milk and warmed it in a pan on the stove and it ended up curdling like cottage cheese (which put me off).
  
 Picture from https://melodyfairitale.wordpress.com/tag/almond-milk/
The top choice for me is almond milk and I buy the Alpro Original almond milk, I use this product for smoothies and breakfast and can be bought from here. However if I want to drink cold almond milk in a glass I buy Ecomil Almond milk which has agave nectar and can be bought from here. This is sweeter then the original almond milk because agave nectar has been added in which is recognised as the  plant from which tequila is made. It's a really good alternative to sugar and offers health benefits -- it's not just a natural sweetener but also assists weight loss to wound healing.

 I found an article comparing Almond Vs. Soya Milk which is very helpful:
Picture From: http://www.prevention.com/whats-healthier-soy-milk-or-almond-milk

So what do you prefer, soya or almond milk? Have you tried different flavours?
I hope to make almond milk from scratch and if it works out I will share it with you all! 
Thanks for reading and I hope you find this helpful.
Please comment and share below.

Kimren xo

Comments

Popular Posts