Highlighters for Caucasian & Olive-Medium Skin Tones


Picture from: http://www.totalbeauty.com/content/gallery/best-highlighter
  The spring season is no reason to give in to a dull complexion. Highlighters reflect light and make skin look radiant, even when it's, well, not. I have bought quite a lot over the past few years, and some have been way too glittery- which is a no no. The products I will be discussing in this post have the Basi Beauty stamp of approval. 


Choosing a highlighter shade 
The recommendations on the highlighter shade to purchase will depend on your skin tone, and the rule of thumb is:
1) If you have Caucasian skin tones stick to pinky gold tones,

2) If you have olive-darker skin tones use a highlighter with gold tones.
Sometimes I break this rule- I wear pinky gold shades in the morning and gold shades in the evening (recommended products discussed below) 


Example Highlighter for Caucasian Skin 
My number 1 favourite has to be Sugar Bomb by Benefit.

 
What It Looks Like On

Picture on the left is taken in the evening, Right- daylight
 Example Highlighter for Olive-Dark Skin
 So when I say to use highlighters, I don't just mean buy products branded as highlighters...The one I use (and love) is Stargazer Star Pearl Eye Shadow in Groovy Gold:

 
 What It Looks Like On

Picture on the left is taken in the evening, Right- daylight

I know it’s not very clear what the highlighters look like so I have done swatches below:
Top- Sugar Bomb
Bottom- Star Gazer Eyeshadow




Both products have very good staying power and minimal fall out. I use Sugar Bomb as a day time look and stargazer in the evening and give them a high recommendation.
I don't set my highlighter as it seems to merge into my foundation, but if you want to set it, tap translucent powder on top :)
Note: Be careful when applying highlighter, the less you apply the more natural it will look :)

Where Products Can Be Bought From
The only factor that sets them apart are the prices:
Benefit Sugar Bomb is £23.50 can be bought from here
StarGazer Eyeshadow (Groovy Gold) is only £4.20 can be bought from: here

What do you guys use as highlighters? Are they any good? If so comment below, would love to hear from you!
Hugs and Kisses 
Kimren xo

Comments

  1. Never used highlighter before but I'm gonna try it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww yay that's good news. Let me know how you get on :)!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts