Cheats Recipe: 10 Minute Inside Out Profiteroles


So the other day I really wanted profiteroles but I didn't want to go out to the shops (laziness I know). I came up with the cheats inside out profiterole recipe using Yorkshire puddings, now I bet you're thinking "UGH sweet Yorkshire puddings?!" But trust me they have a similar texture to choux pastry, the pastry used for profiteroles.



What you need (for 4 people)
  • 8 medium Yorkshire puddings (can be home made or cooked from frozen)
  • 250ml double cream, whipped (add sugar)
  • Flavourings such as Nutella, strawberry jam, milk chocolate broken into little pieces/ grated chocolate
  1. I used frozen ready-made Yorkshires (Aunt Bessie), I cooked them according to the instructions (4 minutes) and let them cool
  2. I put a layer of nutella at the bottom of the Yorkshire pudding, filled it with cream and topped it off with chocolate (pictured above)
  3. You can also exclude the nutella and add jam on top, or to make them look like profiteroles make mini Yorkshire puddings , fill one with cream and add another mini profiterole on top, finish by drizzling them with melted chocolate (below)
    Profiteroles drizzled with chocolate (My Pampered Life)
There are so many endless combinations and I hope I have inspired you to try these. Would love to hear your thoughts/see your pictures below!

Kimren xo

Comments

Popular Posts