Newlook Pure Colour Makeup = Duplicates of MAC and Illamasqua


I am so glad this has finally happened...I am a BIG fan of Newlook from their clothes to their accessories; although Pure Colour launched in September 2014, Derby Newlook received a complete set of makeup items from blushers, foundations, lip liners etc less than a week ago.

I have gone picture mad but I wanted to showcase the items to you all, the pictures include swatches from the Pure Colour range and makeup from MAC and Illamasqua and believe you me they are dupes!



Lipsticks and Lip Liners

 Swatches Mac Vs Pure Colour
 Pure Colour in Magenta and Candy Pink
Illamasqua Woo Vs. Pure Colour (72)
Swatches Pure Colour lipsticks/lipliners Vs.Illamasqua


Nail Polish


Left: White Pattern Nailpolish, Right: Bllue Pattern Nailpolish


Pros


Lipsticks/Lip liners:
  • My absolute favourite lipstick that I own right now is MAC flat out fabulous (£15.50) and when I saw Pure Colour Magenta I couldn't believe my eyes, as you can see in the first swatch picture they are EXACTLY the same.
  • The lipsticks are very pigmented, I bought the matte versions and I really like that they're enriched with vitamin e, so there's a bonus moisturising component.
  • Pure Colour lipliner in 77 (last swatch picture) is exactly the same shade as their magenta lipstick- Perfect!
  • Pure Colour lipliner in 73 compliments their lipstick in Candy Pink and Pure Colour lipliner 72 is a duplicate for Illamasqua's lipliner in woo.
  • They have excellent staying power, the lipsticks have a nice scent to them, are dermalogically tested and I like the shape to the lipstick as it perfectly fits to the shape of your lips.

The best thing is the price... the lipliners cost £1.99 and £3.99 for the lipsticks (not including student discount which is 20% for a limited period), more than half the price cheaper than the big brand names

Nail Polish:
  • Love these nail polishes as it looks like shattered glass.
  • They aren't stubborn to remove like normal glitter nail polishes.
  • Add glam to any outfit.
  • Only cost £2.99

Cons

  • ABSOLUTELY NONE- Yep that's right, I cannot fault the items I purchased. I had only bought a few items in the Derby Newlook store but there is so much more! The Pure Colour range is affordable and is better than the big name makeup brands.
You can browse the Pure Colour Line here

What's your verdict of the Pure Colour Makeup Line? Have any of you guys bought any? Will you be purchasing them after this review? I would love to see your comments below!

Kimren xo

Comments

  1. I'll have to check these out!
    I love a bit of cheeky lip liner!

    Thanks for the post sweetie.
    www.blondedaisychains.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Stephanie they are defo worth the money, I still cannot get over how good they are! x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts