DIY Detox Tea Recipe to Support Weight Loss


So I've tried detox teas such as Bootea and I didn't understand the hype, I disliked the colon cleanse tea as it was too harsh for my stomach and ...well..you know...spent an embarrassing amount of time on the toilet throughout the day- It also tastes disgusting.  The average amount for Bootea for 28 days is a whopping £37.99.

I wanted to come up with a cheap, safe and gentle alternative to the commercial detox teas that are currently available.

So a bit of background on why I am using the ingredients I have stated in the recipe:
I drink green tea with lemon (upon rising) as it has so many benefits:
  1. Weight loss: assists in fighting hunger cravings
  2. Cleanses your system: flushes out the toxins
  3. Keeps your skin blemish/wrinkle free: as it detoxifies the blood and maintains the skin's radiance and reduces sun damage
  4. Reduces the risk of high blood pressure and tooth decay
  5. Delays dementia (Alzheimer's and Parkinson's)
  6. Freshens your breath
For more advantages see the following: lemon water benefits and green tea benefits

My mum is addicted to eating fennel seeds (don't ask). Her reasoning for doing so is because of the health benefits associated - see above. So I thought: Lets try making my own detox tea. This recipe is very easy to follow and  makes around 2-3 cups.

Ingredients
  • 2 green tea bags, any make but I prefer Tetley
  • 1/4 of a lemon,
  • Half teaspoon fennel seeds, can be bought from any supermarket e.g. Ocado
Method
      1: Crush fennel seeds either with the palms of your hands or with a mortar and pestle.
      2. Fill a small saucepan (3/4 of the way) with cold water, 
          add the fennel seeds 
          rip the green tea bags and put the leaves in the pot
          add the lemon
      3. Demonstrates what it should look like
      4. Leave to brew at a medium temperature on the hob for 5-7 minutes,
      5. After the tea has been brewed, sieve it into a smaller pot

  The best thing about this tea is that it's gentle on your stomach compared to the other detox teas out there. Limit your intake to 1) in the morning on an empty stomach and 2 hours before you sleep as it has a mild laxative effect. I have seen a noticeable difference in two weeks!! It's also palatable - wooo! I hope I have inspired you to try out this recipe, let me know what you think as I would love to hear your thoughts.

Kimren xo

Comments

Popular Posts