Wahaca Resturant Review (Westfield London)

My sister (Alysha) and I travelled to London Westfield for the day. I had never been and was really impressed with the variety of stores it offers. We wanted Mexican food for lunch and Wahaca was suggested by my good friend Kanika.
I hadn't realised it was Thomasina Miers that co-owns this chain. The sauce picture above, my Mumhad bought the family ages ago but I ended up finishing it to myself in less than a week!  I was very excited at this point to eat the food; this review breaks it down into two areas: service and the food/drinks.

So first the service:
We arrived at the restaurant around 1pm (didn't book). The waitress was really friendly. The starter and main (we shared) didn't take long to be served to our tables, however the churros look around 15 minutes. Based on this I am rating the service 8/10

Now for the food and drinks
The menu has a lot of items and we struggled to decide which two dishes we wanted to eat. After 15 minutes of deliberation we decised to share: the Plaintain Taco (£3.50) this was the first time we tried plantain and my oh my it was good- sweet crispy plantain, frijoles, crema, feta and hot chipotle adobo- it was to die for. Although they were small, they were packed with flavour and were "melt in the mouth"

The other dish we ordered was the Sonora Salad (£8.50). I've not seen anything like it: a crispy tortilla bowl layered with organic spelt, cos lettive, avocado, beans and grilled achiote chicken (pther options are available). This also tasted good, but was a bit annoying to eat- couldn't eat this with a fork and knife.




Now for the main attraction: churros! To be honest I have never been a huge fan as most I've had have been small, cold, tasteless etc. I decided to get them as Alysha loves them and when I has Wahaca's churros I was upset that I had to share! Three medium sized churros were served and were crispy on the outside and gooey on the inside. Better yet it was served with a mug of melted chocolate-heaven!
 

OK, so I ordered a margarita and boy oh boy was it strong, I had a sip and made a face, as if baby was eating lemon for his/her first time. Therefore based on this I am rating Wahaca for food and drinks 9.5/10.
 
Have you guys been to Wahaca? What's your favourite Mexican restaurant? I'd love to hear from you as Mexican is my fav cuisine!!
 
Much Love,
Kimren

 

Comments

Popular Posts