The best of left overs: Fried Chicken, Low Fat Waffle-Pancake with a Maple Syrup Drench (Part 2)


I HATE wasting food, I try and come up with recipes to use up food I have made in the week. So the chicken I made in the Caribbean post was used to make this recipe. I had never tried this dish before but I really liked it. This is the second part to my "best of leftovers", last week I published a recipe on gnocchi so please check it out!
 
Ingredients (serves 1-2 people)

  • 3/4 cup plain flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 1/2 tsp truvia
  • 1/2 cup greek yogurt
  • 1 egg
  • Coconut oil for cooking

  • Method
    In a medium bowl mix the dry ingredients (flour baking power and egg). In another bowl mix: egg and greek yoghurt until combined. Then add wet ingredients to dry ingredients:

     On a griddle pan add 1 tsp of coconut oil on a medium low setting (brush on) and wait 2/3 minutes until hot. If you are making all of it in one serving pour onto griddle pan. It's time to turn over when the batter starts cooking on the outside and is raw in the middle, flip over:
    As you can see, the waffle has curled up so I made sure I used a spatula to press it down. Cook until golden brown
    I then used a shaped cutter to make it look prettier
    To warm the chicken so it's crispy, I put it under the grill 5-8 minutes on a low-medium setting until the chicken was warmed through.

    To assemble add the waffle(s) on the plate followed by the fried chicken and however much maple syrup as you want. Serve immediately
     
    Short and sweet post today! The waffles are low in fat as I used truvia and greek yoghurt, not to mention they tasted really good and were SO satisfying! Please send me your creations, alternatively comment below or tag #basibeauty.
     
    Until next time,
     
    Kimren xo

    Comments

    Popular Posts