Review: Arla Protein Yogurt Snack*


So when it comes to going to the gym I find it really difficult to think of pre/post work out snacks, I just over complicate the process and I stick to the same old: a banana (pre-workout) and nut butter and rice cakes (post workout), but it has now come to the time where I am bored with it.

I was approached to review Arla Protein and I was so excited to find out that it has a whopping 20g of protein -about the same as a medium chicken breast or 5 egg whites!!

It's also low in sugar, fat free AND made with all natural ingredients. I find Arla Protein is the perfect snack for pre and/or post exercise.

This review will inform you of the ingredients, the taste and the nutritional values.


 The ingredients in Arla Protein


This product is different to any other standard yoghurt product as it is made with quark. Quark is a natural diary product and when it is produced the process concentrates on the protein level, this means it has a naturally higher concentration of protein than standard yoghurt!

Nutritional Values (Strawberry flavour)  


  Just one tub is one of the most convenient ways to keep those well-earned muscles in shape and help the body (and soul) recover after training.*

*Protein contributes to the maintenance of muscle mass

Per 100g
Energy: 290kJ/70 kcal
Fat: 0.2g
Of which saturates 0.1g
Carbohydrates: 6.5g
Of which sugars: 6.3g
Protein: 10g
Salt: 0.1

Consistency and Taste

 

Arla Protein is rich and creamy. I really liked that it didn't have the water separation at the top like most yoghurts.

I will be honest, when I first tasted the product I though it had an acquired taste to it. I found it was a teenie bit acidic but I guess that's the lemon, after a while I got used to the taste.

It has a strong and satisfying strawberry punch of flavour which I LOVE! I consume half of the yoghurt before a workout and the rest after (I can't manage 1 to myself in one sitting-as I naturally get full quickly).

I rate the product a 8.5/10 and  I purchased mine from Tesco: Arla Protein Yoghurt and for more information see Arla Foods link

These pots of goodness have allowed me to commit to staying fit and healthy. The handy and portable 200g pots are available in a variety of flavours so I don't get bored (raspberry, blueberry, strawberry). I really recommend males and females to try this product, from the gym goers, to the body builders or even for people who want to increase their protein intake. 

So if you're looking for a real tasty alternative to the usual (and boring) pre/post workout snack try Arla Protein! Have you guys tried it if so what do you think? If not, would you try it after reading this review?

Kimren xo

Comments

  1. Interesting review! im so sick of eating meat post workout, or even protein shakes which just do NOT satisfy my hunger. A nice little treat like this might make all the difference, and 20g of protein? GAINZZZ LOL

    - Mr.G

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mr G,

      Thank-you so much, I really appreciate your comments. I'm exactly the same, protein shakes for me are not filling. I've also used the pot to make smoothies- you should try it. Would love to find out your opinion of the actual product too!

      Delete
  2. Great review! I will definitely be looking out for this product to be implemented into my diet..interesting ��

    J.Singh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adele I think you should go back to your singing career...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts