Fast-Cook Marinara Sauce Recipe & 10 Minute Pizzas



Everyone loves Pizzas right? Unfortunately my stomach can't seem to handle a lot of mozzarella so I make my own pizzas. Some people use ketchup as the base or tomato puree but I love making a rich Italian sauce which develops into a rich and spicy concoction.

This recipe guides you step by step on how to make the marinara sauce and examples of toppings for the pizzas. What's really good about the sauce recipe is that you can store it in an airtight container up to a week (my family and I finish it in less than a week as it's so moreish).

 
Ingredients for Marinara Sauce

    • 500g Passata, any will do but I used Napolina
    • 2 tsp mixed herbs, from a jar
    • handful of fresh oregano, ripped
    • 1/2 cup already-fried caramelised onions
    • 1 tsp sugar
    • 1 tsp salt
    • 1/2 tsp black pepper   
    • 2 big cloves garlic, sliced thinly  
        
Method

Put all the ingredients in to one pot and simmer for 10-15 minutes high heat
 Keep an eye on it and mix now and again, it will look thick like the picture below. Allow to cool.

Pizza base and toppings

To ensure it was a quick and easy meal, I pre bought the pizza bases (pictured below):
The toppings (up to you on quantity)
  • garlic olives, chopped
  • mozzeralla, ripped
  • tomatoes, cubed
  • fresh oregano, ripped
  • hot pepperami,
  • peppers, cubed
  • fried onions


     


These pizzas were SO yummy!! What's great about the marinara is that it can be used for anything from a pasta sauce to a breakfast option with toast and eggs. I would love to see your creations and photos by using the tag #basibeauty :).
 
Please comment and share as I would love to know your thoughts!
 
Kimren xo

Comments

Popular Posts